12826847

I had a parking fine and didn’t pay. They have now past it

Customer Question

Hi i had a parking fine and didn’t pay. They have now past it onto a company called Bristow and sutor I spoke to them and offered payment of £10 a month as that is all that I can afford and then refused it as it was to low of payment. Now they have sent out bailiffs so it’s gone from £188 to £423. Is there something I can do about this as I offered payment
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England Birmingham
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i spoke to the company that it go past onto and offered payment but they refused as it apparently was to low but it’s all that I can Afford and they have now sent out bailiffs
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s it thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I didn’t think they could do this as I offered payment straight away on the phone. I’m going into a DRO which is why I can not afford any more than £10 a month which I explained to the company and they just didn’t care.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I had a parking fine back in June and didn’t pay it. It has now been pasted onto a company called bristow and sutor which I have spoken to and I explained that I was going into a debt relief order as I’m in debt with other things and can’t afford to pay anything back as I’m a single mom on universal credits and I don’t work. They told me that then needed some sort of payment plan in and asked how much I could afford and I offered £10 a month as that is literally all I can afford a month and they refused and now have sent bailiffs out so it’s gone from £188 to £423. Is there anything I can do about this as I offered payment straight away
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Thank you. So who is the issuer?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can’t afford the phone call
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Please could you give me the information I asked for

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Bristow and sutor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

they are bailiffs. I need to know who issued the fine

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Dudley metropolitan borough council
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Oh ok. Why didn't you pay?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Because I didn’t realise I had a parking fine until I had a letter come through the post saying I owed the full amount so I appeal it to say I didn’t had the chance to pay half the price within the 14 days cause I never knew about it
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there anything I can do as I have offered payment to Bristow and sutor and they refused and still sent bailiffs but surely they can’t do that when I offered payment
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Ok, but why didn't you pay when the appeal was rejected?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Because they never got back to me so I just presumed it was left
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I just need to know now if there is anything I can do because I need to ring them by the end of today
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

I don't know whether there is anything you can do at this stage. Not on the information you are providing. To provide an accurate answer I will need more information.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What more do you need?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

What happens to your post normally? The trouble with this is that a very large number of letters would have had to have gone missing.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I had one letter which I emailed them back to appeal and then never had any email or post until last week which I had a letter from Bristow and sutor saying I know owe £188 I rang them explained I’m going under a debt relief order. They didn’t care and said I need to make some kind of payment plan which I tried to do and offered payment of £10 a month which is all I can afford and they refused and now have sent bailiffs and it’s gone from £188 to £423
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Thanks. Let me know when you can give me the information I asked for. I will be here.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What information do you need
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I got sent one letter
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Yes, so?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

What happens to your post normally? This is a simple question.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I replied to the council via email appealing and never heard anything back until last week when I got a letter from Bristow and sutor demanding £188
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It goes to my house
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How do I get the refunded £5 back?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Refundable
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

you will need to email customer services but I won't be able to help further.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I have the email address please
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I have the email address