Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Do you write letters? Assistant: Where is this? It matters

Customer Question

Do you write letters?
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have received a letter from a solicitor acting on behalf of their client who is seeking astronomical damages for a garden fence that we accidentally got some paint on whilst decorating their neighbours property. They want a new fence but it only needs to be painted to restore it back. At about £200 cost, they want 3k
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have offered to paint it free of charge which we think is reasonable but they insist they want new.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Calling isn’t a good time now
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Ben are you there?

Have they provided a breakdown of this cost? Also, how long ago was this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They haven't provided a breakdown. This happened 3 months ago and we have been trying to establish whether or not the fence belonged to her.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Today we received the deeds confirming it is.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We were instructed to paint the neighbours side of the fence by the local council but theirreverent neighbour is a private homeowner

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Even if we were to replace the fence like for like it woukd at best cost £500
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do apologise for the predictive text.

No worries, just to clarify we do not write letters, is that the only thing you needed?