Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My ex partner left me and my baby when she was three months

Customer Question

My ex partner left me and my baby when she was three months old. She is now 18 months and he has seen her intermittently. He now lives in Cumbria whilst I’m in Kent and says he needs to see her overnight to make it worthwhile. Do I really have to hand her over for the night?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 9 days ago.
Hi thank you for your messsge, do you have any order in place regarding the child?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No I don’t

Hi thank you for your message, you do not need to allow him to even see the child let alone allow overnight contact. You may wish to suggest he comes to see her and you are prepared for him to stay until she goes to bed at which point he can stay at a nearby hotel or lodgings and then come back in the morning. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.