12826847

My son went to a prison for a year and now the time has come

Customer Question

HI, My son went to a prison for a year and now the time has come to an end
but he is having problems with his realease. Prison staff saying that he will not be realeased as he has not signed papers a year ago which stated that he will be deported after serving 1 year . My son adement that he signed those papers, he remembers signing them to be deported but now in prison no one even talks to him to him or presenting any documents which he has signed.
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: well, I am not so sure what kind of papers he signed as I am not allowed to be involved, but that's what I have been told by my son 1 of December this year he had to be released and today they saying you will not be released
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?
Customer: as you have not signed the papers, but he did
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have no lawer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello, Can you see my question above?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
but he is having problems with his realease. Prison staff saying that he will not be realeased as he has not signed papers a year ago which stated that he will be deported after serving 1 year . My son adement that hesigned those papers, he remembers signing them to be deported but now in prison no one even talks to him to him or presenting any documents which he has signed.
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: well, I am not so sure what kind of papers he signed as I am not allowed to be involved, but that's what I have been told by my son 1 of December this year he had to be released and today they saying you will not be released
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
sorry,I am a bit erratic as I am very nervous of such bad news from my son
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
are you still there??
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
hello??
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello, is anybody going to answer my question ???
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

You haven't actually asked a question. Also, please give me time to respond. In fact, you have been waiting for less than 15 mins.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

This is not a chat service.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
oh, you here... I did not understand what is going on
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my question is , what rights my son has in his situation? and why no one talking to him in prison or presenting papers which he has signed a year ago?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
sorry
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

I would imagine that the issue is that he received a sentence of more than 12 months and so is liable to automatic deportation if he is a foreign national.

That is why they can't release him.

To be fair, they are talking to him because they told him that they could not release him for this reason.

How long he will remain in custody will depend apon the length of time it takes the immigration officials to arrange the deportation.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
as a mother can i do something for him on his behalf
??
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
contact prison staff?? will thay talk to me??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Yes, they might but it won't change the outcome Im afraid.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok, thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/