UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Can an official notarised contract for the sale of land

Can an official notarised contract for the sale of land abroad be considered as enough evidence to prove where my income came from in order to purchase a home in the UK.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've had an offer accepted, mortgage agreed and currently awaiting my conveyencer to complete/exchange contracts
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats fine for now thanks
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.

I just wanted to know if an official notarised contract for the sale of land abroad, be considered as enough evidence to prove where my income came from in order to purchase a home in the UK.

For example:

1. I have an official Vietnamese letter proving ownership of land/property in Vietnam.
2. I have a contract stating that [name of] ‘Party A’ is going to pay [name of] Party B the sum of £500k for the land/property located on… [address].
3. I then have a Vietnamese money transfer from my Vietnamese bank account to a UK Barclays account for the sum of £500k.
4. I have Barclays statements dating back 6 months to show the amount sitting in my account untouched.

Please note that although the original documents are in Vietnamese, I have had them all translated to English and officially notarised.

Do you know if this is enough evidence to use as proof income in order to buy or use as a ‘gift’ to an immediate family member (son) to buy a property in the UK?

Yes, this may be considered sufficient evidence of proof of origin of funds. However,it would be good to get any non English documents translated into English and notarised accordingly, perhaps by the Vietnamese Embassy in London.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars