12826847

My partner owed a debt for a speeding ticket. The day the

Customer Question

My partner owed a debt for a speeding ticket. The day the bailiff came round i was not home but once i got home i rang the debt company and paid outstanding balance in full. This was on 18/11. Ive just had the bailifs come back round sqying they've got a warrant for a lock smith as i owe them 235. Nothing on his letter through door stated extra monies owed. Debt was paid in full on 18th nov. Where do i stand. Do i have to pay this?
Assistant: Where is your partner? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We live honeybourne worcestershire
Assistant: What steps has your partner taken so far?
Customer: The debt originally was 1200 he had a payment plan he had 287.13 left but missed a payment they then added 75 compliance fee. 362.13. Which i paid in full
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Aren't they probably charging for their fees? Or a different debt?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The letter on 18th posted stated 'to prevent removal of goods, additional fees locksmith make immediate payment to enforcement agent. Well made payment to company not him
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Which company?