12826847

My partner owed a debt for a speeding ticket. The day the

Customer Question

My partner owed a debt for a speeding ticket. The day the bailiff came round i was not home but once i got home i rang the debt company and paid outstanding balance in full. This was on 18/11. Ive just had the bailifs come back round sqying they've got a warrant for a lock smith as i owe them 235. Nothing on his letter through door stated extra monies owed. Debt was paid in full on 18th nov. Where do i stand. Do i have to pay this?
Assistant: Where is your partner? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We live honeybourne worcestershire
Assistant: What steps has your partner taken so far?
Customer: The debt originally was 1200 he had a payment plan he had 287.13 left but missed a payment they then added 75 compliance fee. 362.13. Which i paid in full
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Aren't they probably charging for their fees? Or a different debt?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The letter on 18th posted stated 'to prevent removal of goods, additional fees locksmith make immediate payment to enforcement agent. Well made payment to company not him
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Which company?