Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

In 2014 I had my solar panels installed and now I have

Customer Question

Good morning. My Name is***** in 2014 I had my solar panels installed and now I have issues with the installation. it is still under the warranty however the company that had the installed it's gone bust last year.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Leicester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: tried to tracked down the company but it's gone bust so need a legal advise as to the warranty
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure what other details are required
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Do you have the manufacturer's details?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have all the documentation that has left with me after the installation of the solar panels.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

OK thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. Can I just check if the warranty is with the installation company that has gone bust or with the manufacturer (or are they both the same company?)

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The warranty is with different company which is not the manufacturer nor the company that gone bust.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

And are they still trading? Do you have the warranty details yourself?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes, they are still trading. I have been in touch with them abd waiting for the claim form to be sent to me.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Ok thanks. Your rights at present will be limited to the warranty. This means you can only pursue the party that has issued the warranty, that being the manufacturer. You may have had consumer rights against the seller but as they are no longer trading there is no point in going after them. So just go after the manufacturer and rely on the terms of the warranty that is in place.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you