Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I get beat at work 1 time i side one time autside comming to

Customer Question

I get beat at work 1 time i side one time autside comming to work and the supervisor get me responsible and kick me out after i have bruses and a black aye
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I m an employee
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Who actually assaulted you? Was it another colleague? Please provide some more information on this. Also, what reason did your employer provide for dismissing you and how long had you worked there for?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
So everyting starts before i go holiday
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

OK I will wait for you to provide all the information I have requested

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I tell my superiors i will finish at 1 after 8 h because i go on a holiday when this guy comes at the cofeteria he start swering me and hit me 1 time then hit me 2 ti.e again i make a complain nobody do nothing
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
After i come back from holiday i find my locker full o dicks on it like with pen i have pictures and every day he swering me
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Today he swer my girlfriend push her give me a punch in my face a have a black aye i call the police
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I start work and his brother comes spin me and threting me like when you come home i will beat you i tell them and after i whayt for 4 hours they say you manager decide to kick you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
And this is my story partial
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

So what reason did your employer provide for firing you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
They say they will give me a letter to say why
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
0 nothing the hr say you manager decide this give me you key for locker and get out
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will have 8 month of work
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. If you have been continuously employed at you place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as the decision is not based on a reason which makes a dismissal automatically unfair. These include:

· Discrimination due to a protected characteristic (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, etc.)

· Taking, or trying to take, leave for family reasons including pregnancy, maternity/paternity leave, parental leave, adoption leave or leave for dependants

However, if the dismissal had nothing to do with any of the above exceptions, you would not be able to challenge it. In that case your only protection would be if you were dismissed in breach of contract. That would usually happen if you were not paid any contractual notice period due to you (unless you were dismissed for gross misconduct, where no notice would be due). If you did not have a written contract in place you would be entitled to the minimum statutory notice period of 1 week. The employer would either have to allow you to work that notice period and pay you as normal, or they instead have to pay you in lieu of notice, where you are paid for the equivalent of the notice pay but your employment is terminated immediately.

So whilst you may not be able to challenge the dismissal, you can still report this to the police if needed and pursue it that way against the person who assaulted you.

.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you