How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16079
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I have been married to a Filipino women on have supported

Customer Question

I have been married to a Filipino women on have supported her and her property for two years weekly at 10000 pesos she wants annulment for to look for a richer man do I have rights to object
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No.....I am happy to be married and to soport my wife
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been supporting her schooling also ..she is training to be a nurse ...’.were do I stand
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon, I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore i maybe delayed in replyng.

where are you living? where is she?

how long have you been together and married in total?

do you have a property?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We married in may this year ...I own a house in the uk and she own a house in the Philipines ...I travel 4 times a year to be with her I have supported her and the house and cat totally on my own she har no income neither do her family that live with her. Wednesday she said I don’t want your money I have someone else to provide she said she wants an annulment.......and blocked all contact with me ........surely this is adultry ?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 7 months ago.

A marriage can only be annulled on very limited grounds:

if none of those apply, then she is going to have to divorce you.

She cannot divorce you until you have been married for 12 months. When you do eventually divorce, she may have a potential claim against your property but not a good claim and you may have a potential claim against hers.

However if the marriage is annulled, neither of you have any claim on any of the other’s financial assets.

It is adultery if she has sexual intercourse with someone else but proving it is going to be very difficult.

I’m sorry to say that you’re probably going to have to write off any money that you have given to her already.

I don’t actually know whether that answers the question for you or not because you haven’t asked question. If you want to ask me any specific questions, and would be happy to answer those for you.