Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I live in a town house and a passageway at the rear is owned

Customer Question

i live in a town house and a passageway at the rear is owned by 3 occupants currently i am the only person keeping it clear one has been landgrabbed and the other keeps their bins on it preventing me travelling throuh eith my golf cart
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: woolton liverpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: spoken to them and emailed but get ignored
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the deeds clearly state the passageway shough be clear 24/7
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 14 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message is the part in the deed where it mentions keeping the passageway clear is that in the covenant section?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
yes para 4 states i have a right of passage over and along the private passagaway.
para 2 of the third schedule nothing is to be done or permitted or suffered to be done in or upon tje land(which includes the private access way) which may be or become a nuisance,damage.annoyance or inconvenience to neighbouring houses
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my address is 11 camp road woolton liverpool l257ts i live between no 10 and no 12 where the passageway concludes on the road

Hi thank you for your message, you can enforce the covenant but you will need to go to court and obtain an injunction to prevent the breach continuing in order to do this however, you will require a property solicitor to bring the action for you. In order to do this you can use the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case property law. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
yhank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thank you

Glad I could help, I would appreciate if you could please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.