Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

It's a story. Assistant: Where is this? It matters because

Customer Question

It's a long story.
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: None
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has been over a year since my grandmother sold my home along with it my envisaged future. I and my partner had a mortgage in principle on top of that our mortgage adviser had also confirmed to put my grandmothers mind at rest that although he would be on the mortgage would not be on the deeds of the property and would have no claim on it.
She had sold 1 of her properties in the canary islands. A big chunk of it was black money as they call it over there (cash to avoid tax threshold) and had to have it filtered back into the uk.
The landlord I was temporarily renting with my partner and his aunt wanted to sell and Nan wanted to invest the windfall she had. So she bought it, again a big chunk of it black money. She said to me she would sell it to me in 5 years at what she bought it for plus any costs she incurred. That I should treat it as my own and any value I added to the property in that time would me mine and in a sence be the deposit for me to get a mortgage. She said she would do this for me because of everything I had done for her and my Grandfather over the years at 1 point i was helping her care for him instead of having steady work and my partner encouraged me and topped up my income out of his pocket so I could do it.I paid 36000 hassle and tax free rent to her although on her bank statments payments from me say saving for a house rather than "rent". 100 extra a month than it was was worth saying she would return that excess when she sold me the house after 5 years. She spent nothing on fees she would have had to pay if she used a rental agency to rent it out. She spent nothing on repairs or getting it to an acceptable standard to rent. She spent nothing she was responsible for as the land owner.
I and my partner did though, encouraged by her. 10k+ spent on the property instead of renting a smaller place and saving for a deposit I'm glad my partner thought it was to good to be true otherwise we would have spent a lot more. We held back on modernising and decorating just spent on repairing and replacing.
The pictures online from when it was on the market before she bought and just before we moved in compared to those when she sold it confirm the improvements we made of which she profited.
She asked me for a bill for work done on the property that I assume she used to offset the capital gaina tax selling it at auction. We haven't seen that and got threatened that she would call the police via facebook when we perused it. Nor has the differance in what she bought it for and sold it for been paid as she promised and the 100 extra a month she charged to supposedly save for me been paid. We dont have receipts because we didnt expect we would get to this saying that she dosnt have receipts ither because she spent nothing. I walked away and packed it up into storage 2 months before it was sold the last straw was her asking me to paint all the rooms and that she was looking into buying a 1 bed or bed sit to put me in making it impossible for my family to congregate,  he has 2 children I love as my own and there Mums where as welcome as they where! I loved Christmasses and celebrations especially and in my naivety because no 1 else including other grandparents had no problem and came to enjoy our family and hospitality. I had a breakdown and for the 1st time knew what depression and anxiety  was! I tried to kill myself twice. How could someone I loved like a mother who I probably spent more time of my life with than my mother. Who I had a fun fantastic relationship with do this to me? I looked after Grandad because I loved her so much and hated seeing her struggle. A dialysis nurse told me if I didnt go with him social services would have been called because having dementia he would rip out his lines. I went to keep him calm. Nan didnt pay me the 6.50 an hour she paid me when I sat with him. It wasnt work. Her excuse was I had a little gardening job and I worked as a door supervisor at night. It was my home it was wh
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 14 days ago.

I have been asked to look at this for you. I apologise if I am delayed getting back to you over the weekend because I am only online and off-line sporadically at weekends. Nonetheless, I am online at some time every day.

I’m sorry, but the facts here are not at all clear so I would need you to summarise what’s happened in clear concise form please.

Also, you have not asked a question so I do not know what you want to know about this.

Thank you..