12826847

What is the likely sentence for 2 charges of assault and

Customer Question

What is the likely sentence for 2 charges of assault and witness intimidation
JA: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?
Customer: Attacking someone leaving a pub and biting the bar staff trying to stop the attack. Threatening witnesses who gave statements to police
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: March 19
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thisbis a query from the victim of assault
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can i help please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Called you please give us an idea of the likely sentence for two counts of assault and witness intimidation.
Briefly the assailant have been making abusive and racist comments towards the victim the police were aware of this as it had been reported previously when the incident involving the assault occurred the assignment had spent over an hour provoking the victim verbally trying to intimidate him whilst he was with friends.
When the Vic Tim‘s wife came to give him a lift home from the pub the silent followed him down the steps and physically attacked him causing minor injuries.
Jawing the scuffle the assailant also bit of a staff member trying to restrain him.
Since this incident there have been several occurrences of the assailant intimidating and threatening violence to some of the witnesses.

What would be the likely sentencing in a case like this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 days ago.

To be honest there isn't really enough information here to give any reliable advice on that point.

Generally speaking an offence of witness intimidation would lead to a very long custodial sentence but I don't have enough information to be able to ascertain that.

They don't usually bring that offence unless various criteria are met and you haven't described the nature of the threats.

Most likely it will turn into A racially aggravated assault which is still serious especially the offence of biting as that is a weapon but it is not as serious as a witness intimidation. A person with no previous would not necessarily go to prison for that.

If this person does have previous then it would depend upon what it is.

Can I clarify anything for you? If you give me more reliable information than I could probably offer more.