Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have a company providing services to other businesses (B2B

Customer Question

I have a company providing services to other businesses (B2B model). We outsource our main service through suppliers. These suppliers work as consultants for us and are not employed by us.We have a contract with a corporate client that is on a fixed-price basis. The uptake of the service we are currently offering is alarming high in the first month.
I am afraid we will soon be selling below cost.Is there a low preventing us from selling below cost, or, what could we risk, legally, by selling below cost?If not, I also want to know if we have a leg to stand on to challenge this contract, should we come to that point:
The call for tender was requesting a fixed-price offer. We based our fixed-price offer on the data of last year provided. It turns out that the reality happens to be way beyond the expectations.I thank you in advance for your help with this.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

You will have to renegotiate the price with your end user client in view of your unexpectedly high overheads and vary the contract by consent.

If you raise the price unilaterally, you risk the end user suing you for breach of contract for the amount that they have been over-charged, or their costs in finding a new supplier.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 11 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd