Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have started a new job and my boss verbally abuses all her

Customer Question

I have started a new job and my boss verbally abuses all her staff on a daily basis,I have put a complaint in to head office regarding this,but I don’t see me ever getting to work there again,I feel she will make my life unbearable,saying that she has been very good with me when I had liver failure but this does not excuse her from roaring at me from the other side of the bar and calling me a liar,she verbally abuses me on a daily basis,I am currently of sick,were do I stand on this
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I discussed it with head office
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee of only 2 months,I owned my own buisness for 12 years but due to me and my partner splitting I had to find a new job,I’ve never came across this in my life
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I do,no one will make a complaint against her because of fear of there job,I love my job and the people I work with,it came to a head last Friday when I was accused of throwing a pint away and I was called a liar,even though it was sitting there,this was in front of a bar full of customers,and when one of the customers asked if I was okay,I got it 10 fold,she even came up to the bar and said she knew I was lying even though the pint was sitting there
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

What are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances, please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
To get back to the job I love without any repercussions,I know that will probably not happen,I just need to know what I can do legally
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am currently off sick,and on sickness benefit,so typing will do
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is rediculous,i have no answer,why .?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Because there are numerous other customers and you do not get an answer immediately.

On what grounds are you being abused, what are the reasons for them doing that?