12826847

My daughter is at uni and is considering dropping out. She

Customer Question

Hello my daughter is at uni and is considering dropping out. She lives in a private rental shared with 3 others and I am concerned even if she moves back home, she will not longer be a student, will we have to pay council tax on the property and if so, as she shares with 3 others will it be the full amount for the house or a split between
JA: What steps has your daughter taken so far? Has she prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Hi Pearl, sorry I sent that too soon - no action has been taken as yet - we will have to pay the rent until August 2020 and I am really concerned we will have to pay council tax even if she is not living there. I am extremely concerned that we would have to pay the council tax for the house rather than just her room - I am sorry I don't know how this works, I just want to be clear before she makes her decision
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: Hove
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Does the agreement say its joint and severally liable?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Each student has their own contract for their room in the house, so severally
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please may I have a refund, this is taking far longer than your website stated and also stated if one not satisfied a refund would be given many thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 days ago.

Ok, you can email customer services.