SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My Daughter was taken from me due to mental health issues

Hi my Daughter was taken from me due to mental health issues and was placed with my ex’s mother who is a drug addict
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: shes Been filed as sgo
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: Bromley
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: shes allows abusive behaviour from her son to continue with me

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

How can I assist you with this today?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I want help to have access to my daughter, I couldn’t resolve my ex’s business problems but it should not result in me not being able to see my daughter
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My ex won’t let me see my daughter unless I have solution for him

Is the matter still in court? Has the SGO been granted?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No and the sgo has been granted as I was manipulated by my ex partner
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
To keep quiet about the sgo drug addiction

And there was no provision for you to have contact within that SGO?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No she is blanking me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My ex is a cocaine addict and he openly admitted to me that he’s been having unauthorised Visits with her and gloating about it

Your route to getting contact with your child is by making an application for a child arrangements order to spend time with your child. As the grandmother has an SGO, and without there being defined contact for you and the father within that, she is not supposed to allow you to have contact unless she believes it to be safe. From what you are saying it may not be safe and therefore the court, and potentially social services, need to look again at whether the placement with the grandmother is the right placement.

To make an application to spend time with the child you need to file a C100, which you can find here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/734888/C100_eng_0818.pdf

The cost to file is £215, but if you are on a low income or benefits you may be entitled to fee remission, see here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/634329/ex160-eng.pdf

Once the matter is in court you will all be able to give your evidence to the court and the court can make a decision in the best interests of the child.

Does that help?

Hello, can I check that you received my response and that it was helpful?

If you need to ask clarification questions, please do.

.

Could you kindly take the time to rate positively as that is how I am paid for the time I spent assisting you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes this is helpful, sorry for the slow response, I’ve been doing back to back shifts
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
How do I start this process?

You can rate by clicking the five stars at the top of your page. Thank you.

All the best.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Could I have your number please?

This is a question and answer site - I am not permitted to provide my details. Sorry.

Do you need help finding a solicitor? You can search for one in your area here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/