Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I bought a car on 24/06/19 with 23000 miles on the clock.

Customer Question

hi. i bought a car on 24/06/19 with 23000 miles on the clock. since then the head gasket has broken down. i raised the issue with the car dealer and finance company and asked for repair under consumer right act article 15 but they have declined to take responsibility on the basis of report provide by ACE.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i informed Oodle fianance about the issue. they said they got the report from independent authorities and according to them the car was not faulty at the time of purchase.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please? Please note I am mobile at present so may not be able to reply immediately, thanks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
is there anyway to check for the neutrality of the report. although they say its independent but since they paid for it, i have a feeling it could be biased
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. It would be difficult to determine the neutrality of the report as someone has top come out and admit that they are biased in order for that to happen, which as you can appreciate is unlikely. What you can do instead is ask for a second opinion and to make it fair, you should propose that the mechanic who examines the car and provides an opinion is one mutually chosen by you and them so that you both agree on who that is, rather than just using someone they have nominated or chosen, without any input from you. There is also nothing stopping you from getting your own independent report as well and using that to your advantage in any further negotiations, or if the matter proceeds further down the more formal legal route.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 days ago.

My response to your query should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to confirm this by replying on here. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you