Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have been found in possession of at work I have been

I have been found in possession of weed at work I have been suspended, Where do I stand. I suffer
Assistant: Have you discussed the suspension with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have discussed it with my manager
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee and part of a union. At the moment I suffer from anxiety and thats why I had purchased it.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information.

When did your employment start?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My employment started on the 20/10/2014

You have over two years employment which entitles you to bring a claim for Unfair Dismissal in the Employment Tribunal.

Your employers must follow a fair disciplinary and investigation process in accordance with the ACAS Code of Practice before dismissing you. Suspension from employment is very draconian and may be unfair treatment and detriment.

However, possession of illegal drugs on your employer's premises is potentially gross misconduct and a fair reason for dismissal and any investigation and disciplinary may be a foregone conclusion.

In order to avoid a dismissal without notice or notice pay, I suggest you request a termination of your employment on mutually agreeable terms and move on with your life.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you very much for your advice, I will be doing that 2moro.