Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have been accused of fraud in my work place, which is a

Customer Question

I have been accused of fraud in my work place, which is a secondary school and I work in a canteen, with a cashless systems. I have been informed of the meeting, what are my right and what do I expect to happen next. FYI, I have not been suspended either. Thanks trish
Assistant: Have you discussed the accusation with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Yes I was called in Friday of last week, with the Headteacher present and HR, also another colleague. I was then presented with a letter with the allegations on Tuesday. The next meeting is Thursday next week, I need a representative, where is the best place to obtain a independent person.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: An employee. I belonged to Unite Union and they were awful handling my husbands 'so called redundancy' so we stopped the payments after paying into for many years. After this blow, we have signed up with GMB yesterday.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have an unblemished record, I've worked in establishments since I was 17, I'm now 48 and worked for the same place for nearly 5 years. I am just shocked.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 15 days ago.

To enable me to answer your query, please provide me with some further information.

How long have you been employed with your employers?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Nearly 5 years.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I do not wish to a live call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can I not still talk bout my situation online, as I've paid for 7 days trial. Thanks
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

You qualify to bring an Unfair Dismissal claim against your employers in the Regional Employment Tribunal as you have over two years’ continuous service.

Regardless of their reasons for your dismissal, your employers should have followed a fair investigation and disciplinary process before deciding to dismiss you. You should also have been given the right to appeal the dismissal.

It appears to me that your employers have an arguable case that if you are guilty of fraud or theft from the company, they may dismiss you for gross misconduct with paying your notice pay or other contractual and statutory entitlements.

You have three months from the date of dismissal to lodge an ET1 Claim Form with the Central Tribunal Office. This is a very strict and very short time limit, so if you want to bring a claim, I strongly recommend that you act immediately.

You must notify the government's employment Advice Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) to commence their Early Conciliation Process (ECP), which is mandatory. The ACAS ECP will “freeze” the three-month limitation deadline to issue Tribunal proceedings. During the ECP, ACAS will attempt to facilitate a Settlement Agreement between you and your employers.

You should seek payment of your Notice Pay, Accrued Holiday Pay, and other outstanding benefits and an additional Termination Payment to reflect you winning the Basic and Compensatory Awards at Tribunal as well as a factual and impartial reference to future employers.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 12 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd