Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I published a series of books in 1986 with characters

I published a series of books in 1986 with characters including Percy the Pig. In 1992 Marks and spencer produced a sweet called Percy the pig with artwork very similar to mine!
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK!
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none!
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am re-launching my books into one book!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This could be a big lawsuit but if you are not interested I will move on! Ball is firmly in your court!

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and will be able to resolve your legal problem today.

Unfortunately, I believe that your claim has poor prospects of success.

Copyright infringement in respect of ideas for film and book plots is very hard to prove. Jeffrey Archer has been getting away with ripping off other authors' plot lines for years, while the author of "The Da Vinci Code", Dan Brown, successfully defend a claim by the authors of the non-fiction pseudo-history book upon which he based his best-selling thriller, "Holy Blood, Holy Grail".

Furthermore, there is a six year limitation period from the date of the breach to issue court proceedings in intellectual property claims. If M&S's book was first published in 1992, your claim is significantly out of time to issue court proceedings and will probably fail on this point alone.

I hope this resolves your enquiry. Please revert to me if you have any further questions and I will be delighted to assist.

Otherwise, I shall be grateful if you will please mark your enquiry as “Closed” and give me a “Positive” rating in order to conclude this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Well thank you for taking the time to give me a straight answer! Greatly appreciated!

Thank you, you're welcome.

Please close this enquiry and give me a Five Star rating in order to conclude matters.

Ed