plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Thanks for taking your time to talk to me. Now im sat with a

Customer Question

Hi thanks for taking your time to talk to me. Now im sat with a close friend who is having some difficulties with social services and the other professionals that should be providing support. Instead of fighting against her. Now her social worker landed at 5.30pm this evening with a copy of the the previous meeting details. Now she has given my friend no time to prepare for the meeting on 2/11/19 or given her ample time to prepare a solicitor.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No so basically her ex partner had been arrested on sexual assault charge on her eldest daughter which place between the dates of 11th october to 21st of october. He has not been charged with any crime upto date. But this had lead to an ongoing assesment which she has rarely seen her social worker. This is to get her 3 remaining children who live with her to be put on the child protection register
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: She lives in keswick cumbria. And as far as we know there has been officially sent on to the magistrates court.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Shes had numerous altercations with her ex partner which havent been reported ascof yet but there have been many call outs from the police, social services are continueing to proceed with the child protection 1989 act. This is however isolating her from her friends as they dont live in keswick. But still cant be seen near them or them near the house due to not having risk assesments done. Her ex partner is also currently living at an address 2 mins away from her property and has continuously harrased and sent abusive messages even after hes been told no contact with her or their son with out it been supervisd by a professional
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Virtual Assistant avatar
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Welcome! How can I help with your legal question?
You
Virtual Assistant avatar
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
You
No so basically her ex partner had been arrested on sexual assault charge on her eldest daughter which place between the dates of 11th october to 21st of october. He has not been charged with any crime upto date. But this had lead to an ongoing assesment which she has rarely seen her social worker. This is to get her 3 remaining children who live with her to be put on the child protection register
Virtual Assistant avatar
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
You
She lives in keswick cumbria. And as far as we know there has been officially sent on to the magistrates court.
Virtual Assistant avatar
Pearl Wilson, Lawyer's Assistant
Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect

Shes had numerous altercations with her ex partner which havent been reported ascof yet but there have been many call outs from the police, social services are continueing to proceed with the child protection 1989 act. This is however isolating her from her friends as they dont live in keswick. But still cant be seen near them or them near the house due to not having risk assesments done. Her ex partner is also currently living at an address 2 mins away from her property and has continuously harrased and sent abusive messages even after hes been told no contact with her or their son with out it been supervisd by a professional
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I will come back to you shortly with a response.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

I have reviewed your question. There are two separate issues - one is with social services and the other is the ex partner.

Regarding the ex partner, she will most likely have grounds to apply to the family court for an order under the protection from harassment legislation.

This is called a non-molestation order.

The form to apply is here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/688175/fl401-eng.pdf

There is no fee for the application.

There is also an explanatory leaflet here which may assist:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-violence-injunctions-under-the-family-law-act-how-can-it-help-me-fl700

With social services, when is the next meeting? Are there other concerns about general parenting or is it just the above issue?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There are other concerns but some of which are down to false information given. A meeting was held this morning which i tried to to have extended while i got legal advice but im unsure if they decided to go ahead regardless. I know the mother did not attend. There is information the section 47 assessment to is not true.
Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

I understand. I can say that the worst thing the mother can do is to ignore social services and not attend meetings - it is seen as her not caring about the children and gives social services more grounds for going to court over this.

If there is false information in the reports she will have the chance to challenge this, of course. But she does need to show up to the meetings.

Are there any further specific questions you have at the stage?

Expert:  plclegal replied 8 days ago.

Hello - did you receive my reply?

Can I assist you further with your question?

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

Hello.

I didn’t receive confirmation that you received my response to your question.

Was there anything that needed clarifying at all?

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 5 days ago.

Hello.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 2 days ago.

Kind regards,

Peter