Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Can you help me get my will money from a trustee that I

Can you help me get my will money from a trustee that I don't talk to anymore?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: She denied me in and said I will get it when I'm 21, but I don't trust her anymore This was around 2 years ago When I was approaching my eighteenth
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thanks
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Will is attached
Hi, can I confirm why is she saying you will get it when you are 21?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This is just her choice and what she’s decided. I’m mature enough not to spend it like a teenager. I have my own place with my partner of 3 years and 2 cats haha... My brother got his when he was 18, and he spent it immaturely but the same shouldn’t be expected of me. I don’t trust her, she mentioned that she was going to take some money from my allowance of the will for herself. None of my family trust her either. But she’s the only trustee.

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. The trustee's authority is subject to the superior authority of the probate court and the fiduciary duties of loyalty and care imposed on all trustees. For this reason, a trustee may not arbitrarily refuse to pay a beneficiary out of the assets of the decedent's estate. The law places certain duties and responsibilities on Trustees, which may be altered or added to by the express terms of the Trust document. Trustees’ duties and responsibilities are:To act in good faith and with honesty and integrity. Thus I would advice that you 1) write the trustee a letter setting out your claim and what you want from the trustee i.e your money. At the end of the letter state that if you do not hear back in 14 days you will take legal action.

2) If you would like to instruct a solicitor to write the letter for you I would recommend that you contact a solicitor using the law society find a solicitor function here : https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ You will be able to search by specialism and also town or postcode to find one near you.

3) As a last resort you will need to take legal action. You can use the link above to find a solicitor to represent you in court.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner and just answer will credit me for helping you.

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.