How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1527
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

We have put a reservation down on a new build home. For some

This answer was rated:

We have put a reservation down on a new build home. For some reason our garden cuts in at an angle leaving waste land between the fence and the ditch. I dont want it to over grow so want to ask the builders if they could square of the garden so that we have a slightly bigger garden meaning no overgrown bushes the other side. They are putting the fence up next week. Can they move it if we ask and would there be any paperwork involved as they own the land?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
Assistant: Where is the home located?
Customer: Uk
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm do you have any pictures of this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the plans
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ours is the fence where the orange arrow is but we want it to be more square like the neighbours (arrow) the builders are saying that they own the land but cant make it square due to planning. I though they could change it and just change the title deeds?

Hi, thank you for your message. In some cases if you let them know in advance this can be changed. I would recommend that you write them a formal letter setting out what you want from them. If possible they may make the changes but are not obliged to.

I hope this helps. - if you can please accept the answer there will be a box to do so and give me a 5 star rating (top right corner of your screen) and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Joy Nicholas and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you