UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I’m thinking of taking Audi to small claims court as I

Customer Question

Hi I’m thinking of taking Audi to small claims court as I brought it in for a service only to find it was low on oil & possible damage to the engine the guy said it won’t be done under my warranty as I ran it low on oil but I never got a low oil indicator which he said I defo would have but luckily I’ve got over 30 picture of my dash going back 2 months right up until 2 days before the service proofing no low oil indicator
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve taken it up with Audi customer service but they’ve just said it’s the service garage that give the final decision & they’ve said the work won’t be covered by my warranty & just ignored the fact I have proof they did say if they’re was a fault it would be covered my photos are proof they’re all dated
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

What is the cost of the repairs?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It’s going to cost 15 hours of labour £2,000 To investigate then between £7,000 - £10,000 if they’ve got to strip and rebuild engine
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It’s only just over a year old I brought it brand new 2018 plate
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are you still there ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
??

You may file a claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Before you do so, you may send Audi a letter before action informing them of your intention to file court proceedings if they do not cover the cost of your repairs within say 21 days. You should also detail all the issues in your letter and attach photo evidence backing up your claim.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes I did say I would take to court I see this as a clear cut case his argument is that I would definitely had a low oil indicator come up & ive got loads of photos with dates showing I’ve never would I win in court with this ?

There is no guarantee of whether or not you will win as it depends on what defence Audi puts up to your claim and if they can show evidence that you are wrong and they are right that that the car was run on low oil.

You may take your chance in court if you wish to.

May I help further? If not, please click on 5 stars to leave a positive rating.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was low on oil but had no low oil indicator which I should have that’s the argument I have this proof thanks I think I’ll get some advice from a solicitor in person then they can send a letter & let me know the chances I would have thought if I’ve got proof I’ve had no low oil light come up that’s Audi’s fault still none the wiser

Yes, sure you may do that as I have also not seen the warranty terms and conditions to see if there is anything that could be used by Audi to get out of the warranty.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Running low on oil wouldn’t be covered on under warranty I know this but not being warned your low on oil isn’t my fault I see the oil can light with all the other hazard lights when I start car up so I know where it should be if it had have cone on but it never did once

I agree with you that it is not your fault that the low oil light did not come up. Perhaps there was a fault with the sensors or something which could be why the light did not show up as low oil was not detected. Are you required to physically examine the engine periodically?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They’ve just said they found swalf in the oil when they done the service only tiny bit and just said to monitor the cars driving ok & just to make sure not to run low on oil again but I’m not happy driving around in a car which could have premature engine failure I have 3 young children also was going to exchange with Audi in March for newer model and I bet they will devalue the car because if this, if the car breaks down I’ll be without car I don’t have £10,000 to pay for a new engine & I’ll still owe what’s left of my HP payments so it’s a £24.500 loss if the engine siezes up I’ll paid most only £9,000 left but I don’t want to own a car with engine damage through not fault of my own
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No you just take into service & I got the oil change device due light come on & it gives you a count down I brought it in before the count down had finished
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
service

Please accept to continue.