Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

The leasehold from the council defaulted in paying his rent

Customer Question

The leasehold from the council defaulted in paying his rent and I pay him rent. I was not aware the council has told him the premises will be locked last Tuesday. When I went to the council I was told the supposed landlord has defaulted and they will start a new beast with me. In just 30mins the council changed their mind and said the landlord has made an offer to pay his arrears on Friday. That the landlord wants to cell the lease.
I called the landlord he has refused to speak to me and the business has been closed since on Tuesday.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what information do you want from him?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How to get the injunction immediately
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 11 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. The procedure for applying for an injunction will differ depending on whether the application is to be made with or without notice to the other side. An application for an interim injunction must usually be supported by evidence. This will usually be in the form of a witness statement or affidavit including all material facts of which the Court should be made aware, and attaching relevant documents.A "without notice" application is made without the other party having any notice of the application or being present at the application hearing. The Court will only grant an injunction on such an application if there are good reasons for not giving the respondent any notice, for example where the matter is too urgent or where there is a risk that informing the other side will create a serious risk of assets being dissipated before the hearing. You can use this form: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n16a-application-for-injunction-general-form

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner and just answer will credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.