UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Will was lost by company and protracted s, will was lost by

Will was lost by company and long protracted s
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: will was lost by company and probate was long and protracted.What compensation am I entitled to seeing contract was broken. I was also seriously ill during my wife’s bereavement
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Written to company who offered a derisory amount considering how expensive the service was
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Both my wife and I took out the wills and the company want me to contact them to rewrite my updated will.I feel that they should repay in full for losing our wills. I am recovering from cancer and can do without the emotional and physical pain and hassle incurred by the whole process.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Company say that I still have stay with them regarding my will.Have I the right to ask for the original fee back considering they lost our original wills. I feel let down and having had to deal with this whilst battling cancer l no longer have any faith in this company

Did you pay them for storing the Wills?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes originally In June 2005 and when we moved we informed them of our new address.They didn’t let us know about the wills being lost then 2015.It was only when my wife died that they informed us.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Forgot to mention that they asked me to pay for getting probate and in the recent correspondence they told me that they had taken care of that fee even though I have a receipt stating I had paid them.Would like to know what to do next

Please let me know who they are?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Trust Inheritance formerly Personal Estate Planning Ltd

You may file court proceedings against them. They do not appear to be regulated, otherwise I would have advised you to lodge a formal complaint with the regulator.

You may instruct solicitors to take up your claim on your behalf.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Approximately how long will this take and how much will it cost as I wait for the next few months for my hospital procedures.Thank you for your answers so far.

It depends on the solicitors you instruct. You should shop around for the best rates as each solicitor will have their own separate fee quote.

As far as timings are concerned, your solicitors will advise you on the same.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars