SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have been summoned for a diciplinery at work and believe

Customer Question

I have been summoned for a diciplinery at work and believe I'm being treated unfairly
Assistant: Have you discussed the disciplinary action with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not at this point I have not been given the chance
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Full time employee
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I know a full investigation has not been carried out by the management over the incident in question
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.
Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. You will need to attend in order to hear what the allegations are and what investigation was done to get to any decision. You will have the option to appeal if the decision is clearly reached at without investigation. Should the appeal uphold the decision and you still feel aggrieved, you will need to contact ACAS without delay to report your claim. There are strict time restrictions for claiming in the Employment tribunal - 3 months from when the relevant dispute arose. You would then be able to claim for unfair dismissal. This is all on the assumption you have worked for the employer for at least 2years. I hope this is used and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best