marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

Can I personally organise a restraining order against my

Customer Question

Can I personally organise a restraining order against my husband from seeing our children?
Expert:  marcusmalin replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

You can apply to the family court for a Prohibited Steps Order preventing father from removing the children from your care.

If you did so no doubt father would apply for contact - known as a child arrangement order.

What are your reasons.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My husband has been battling cocaine and alcohol abuse 5 days ago he was held under a section 136 for threatening jump in front of a train I’m concerned he is mentally unstable

The would seem a good reason for sure. Has he threatened to remove the children?

If he would like to see the children he will need to undergo a risk assessment and drug /alcohol tests before contact can be considered.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-c100-application-under-the-children-act-1989-for-a-child-arrangements-prohibited-steps-specific-issue-section-8-order-or-to-vary-or-discharge

Marcus.

Hello, I would be most grateful if you could kindly rate my answer to enable me to get credit for it.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask me.

Marcus

Expert:  marcusmalin replied 8 days ago.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Marcus.