Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

How is stamp duty calculated on a house transfer, no, No

Hi - how is stamp duty calculated on a house transfer
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s a privately arranged transfer - that involves swapping 2 houses plus 260k

Hi, I am happy to assist.

Could you confirm the "agreed price" for each house? Al

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My house is worth 380k and I’m transferring plus paying with 260k cash - so 640 total

Hi, thanks for your reply.

For SDLT purposes, the amount payable is based on the consideration that the Buyer is paying, whether that be cash or (in your case) your existing property. So, as you are giving the Seller your property, valued at 380K plus 260K, you will have to pay SDLT on 640K. I hope this assists and if so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer with 3-5 stars.

Kind Regards Al