marcusmalin
marcusmalin,
66642005

I have received a notification of intended prosecution for

Hello, i have received a notification of intended prosecution for speeding. The offence took place on 13/11/2019, the notification is dated 28/11/2019 and i did not receive it through the post until 29/11/2019. Do i have a case as it is outside the 14 days of legal notification?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: This was on the a11 in Norfolk, just outside Norwich.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I have only received the NIP so far.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that about sums it up.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

It does seem that the NIP is invalid. It must arrive within 14 days. So you should have received it my the 28th. If it dated the 28th you could not have possibly received it by the 28th being the same day unless it was hand delivered.

You should write back stating that in your view they are timed barred.

Marcus.

Hello, I would be most grateful if you could kindly rate my answer to enable me to get credit for it.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Marcus.