JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have just been rung by a man called Rosen threatening me

I have just been rung by a man called Mike Rosen threatening me with legal consequesces
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Aldeburgh Suffolk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried to contact HMRC about a threatening message I had received but I got no answer. I think they might just have closed
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I suspect the call was a fraud as he threatened me with legal consequences

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you.

You were contacted by a scammer - a bogus call which is quite common. You should report this to HMRC via their email address set up for this at : [email protected]

If you have the facility to block that caller again, please do so - no need to speak to them again. The following site gives you further details of this problem (which is becoming more of a problem unfortunately) :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/phishing-and-bogus-emails-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples/phishing-emails-and-bogus-contact-hm-revenue-and-customs-examples

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Good morning, if you could please leave a rating and click “submit” I would be very grateful.

Or if you can confirm whether I answered the question to your satisfaction.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I rate him very highly. Janet Tait
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am very happy to take your advice and contact HMRC