Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

II loaned my X boss money from my bank to get her out of a

Customer Question

II loaned my X boss money from my bank to get her out of a mess. I have been receiving £1500.00 each month. this has been put through her books. the tax man is now chasing me for tax on this money. where do I stand, and can I reclaim the tax from my x boss.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Bury Lancshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I only received the message yesterday on my mobile.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I loaned her £126000.00, but settled for £85000.00 of which there is about £30,000.00 still owing.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 15 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, was this a personal loan rather than from any business you have? Has she paid you any interest on the loan? You will also need to look into off setting the 41,000 against any future tax liability.