12826847

I am a 17 years old girl and I live in Wales. I know that

Hello. I am a 17 years old girl and I live in Wales. I know that legally I am allowed to leave home. I have my boyfriend house to live and his whole family knows me so it is not as if I am living with a stranger. So if my parents call the police to come take me home. can they under circumstance force me to come back home? This is because my family doesn't want me to move with my boyfriend.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no, I haven't. at the moment I am not allowed to leave the house. I'm only allowed to go to college and then home. this is because on Monday I run away to my boyfriend house and my sister begging me to come back home. I told them I will only come back home for my family to meet my boyfriend and his family but they forced me to say home and they also had an argument with my boyfriend family. since that happened I'm having like a secret relationship with my boyfriend because my family forbade me to have a relationship with him.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no, I haven't. I don't know what to do because as I said I'm not really allowed outside
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if the police can force me to come back home if I run away to my boyfriend house.

I will be assisting you.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can`t talk because I don't know my family to know what I'm doing. Can we do this by typing?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
want*
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The most important thing I want to find out is if the police can force me to come back home if I run away to my boyfriend house. As I said, I`m 17 years old.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
can we talk on here by typing?

How old is your boyfriend?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
he is 19

If he is 19 and you are 17 then you are perfectly free to leave home fairly safely. In law you are free to leave at 16 save the limited circumstances where you need your parents consent. If he is only 19 then that is age-appropriate and so you are not at risk of false allegations. Try not to take any indecent photographs as you are below the age of consent to do that even within a relationship and they can use that against him. Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
so if my family call the police, the police can't force me to come back, right?

That is right

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much. This really helped me a lot. Thank you

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much.

Welcome.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice