SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Do you have to declare a community resolution on a visa

do you have to declare a community resolution on a visa application / ?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: yes form
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it was due to cannabis possession
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Community resolutions do not ei on your DBS or CRB so no you do not have to. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thanks for the answer, this means that I do not have to disclose it anywhere on a visa application ?

You are welcome. No you do not.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it was a community resolution issued because of possession of cannabis (could this be considered as a cannabis warning) and therefore disclosable?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Also the visa application is for the uk, not overseas and the CR was issued in the UK

If it is given as a warnng which would be clear on the documents you have been provided by the police you will have to doclose all warnings, reprimands, cautions, conviction. If it is just headed Community Resolution then it is not on public records that the home office access when dealing with applications.

Yes I am an immigration solicitor in the UK so I had figured you are speaking about the UK.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks a lot for the answer, and do you think the CR will affect chances of having say, a tier 2 visa or citizenship in the future

Hi they are not required to be disclosed so they shouldnt affect your future visas if they are CRs. With any immigration provisions in the UK things can change anytime so you will have to check the rules each time in case by then you are required to disclose

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you so much, I appreciate this a lot. So I should be safe for the tier 2, however, supposing i would like to apply for citizenship in a number of years, would the CR have to be declared?

If you were applying for citizenship now I would say yes you are safe. I cant and nobody can say what the requirements will be in 6 years time when you apply for citizenshop assuming you get your tier 2 this year. So my advice is always to check before you apply for any visa incase the rules have changed.

If it is not too much trouble I would be grateful for your rating by clicking on the row of stars at the top before logging off. All the best