How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2741
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My daughter is a widow aged 60 years. She is working and

This answer was rated:

My daughter is a widow aged 60 years. She is working and earns £1,600 per month. She owns her house. Is she suitable for additional financial support?
JA: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your daughter live in?
Customer: Greater Manchester
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

What sort of financial support are you looking for?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know, but she is struggling and I am frequently giving her money

It's unlikely that your daughter will be entitled to any benefits as she has an average income and owns her own home, but you can certainly check at the link I will provide to see if there is any other benefits that she may be entitled to. See here:

The calculator will allow her to enter her exact details, which means that the information it gives will be accurate to her specific circumstances.

As she is 60, there may be some benefits available for older people that she may be entitled to. See here for more information:

To be fair, if your daughter is struggling a lot on her income, it may be that she has debts, or high bills, that she needs help budgeting with. She can get help with debt management here:

Does that assist?

Did that answer your query?

If you have any clarification questions please do ask.

Otherwise please take a moment to rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for assisting you today. Thank you.

Can I check that you received my response?

Hello, can I ask that you kindly return to the site to rate positively for the assistance that you received as that is how I am paid for my time. Thank you.

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you