Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Replies to CPSE enquiries WHAT this mean Dear. sorry to be

Replies to CPSE enquiries WHAT this mean Hi Dear.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi, sorry to be so short, is in London (UK)
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My name is***** had a cafe and I am selling to a girl, she already bought but I need to change the Leasing and contract and their solicitor asked me these documents.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: "Dear Sirs,Further to our conversation, we act for the above named with respect to the purchase and transfer of the lease of xxxxxxxxxx.Kindly let us have the following documents for our confirmation and approval.Copy of the lease
Copy of the leasehold and freehold title deeds
Agreement for the purchase of business/lease
Replies to CPSE enquiriesWe look forward to hearing from you soon.With Regards

Hi, these are the standard documents and information that a Solicitor acting for a Purchaser or a new Tenant of commercial premises. The CPSE enquiries are the standard commercial enquiries which a Seller needs to complete. I therefore have to recommend that you instruct a Commercial property Solicitor to act for you.

I hope this helps and if so but please let me know if you require any further assistance.

If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer with 3-5 stars.

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Aston Lawyer, thank you for your answer. But does I need a commercial property solicitor or my landlord need one? I only had the point of the cafe restaurant, I rented from a landlord. But now I sold the point. In this case, I or my landlord do we need a solicitor to complete this?

Hi, if you had a Lease of the premises, the Landlord needs to grant consent to the Lease being assigned to your Buyer. For this, the Landlord will instruct his own Landlord and it would be normal for the outgoing Tenant (you) to pay his legal fees as your Lease will say that such costs be paid in the event of you assigning the Lease.

As you have sold the café, you will also need to instruct your own Solicitor to complete the legal paperwork on your behalf.

Kind Regards Al