How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4062
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Assistant: How can I help? How serious is the crime as I was

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: How serious is the crime as I was caught using my wife's travel card on my photocard which I have altered the numbers?
Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: I believed I will be charged
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: In the train this morning. I am dragging my wife into this mess now
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wish to know if I will be charged, jailed or fined.... Very worrying

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Basically I was caught using my wife's travel ticket
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Am worried sick and cannot sleep now

It is a serious offence as it is a fraud. Now what did the officer that caught you say? did they give you a penalty fare notice on the spot?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. She took away my wife's train ticket and my photocard which I tampered with.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She said my wife will receive a call from the train company to collect the her train ticket and my tampered photocard will be considered fraud. Will I get jailed or fined?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, are you still here?

You will most likely be charged with fraud and you will have to appear before a Magistrate to either plead guilty or not and to get your sentence. It is highly unlikely you will be taken to custody/jailed however you will get a fine and a criminal record.

I would say dont lose sleep over it now because you do not know what they have decided or what they will tell your wife when she goes to pick the documenrs. You need to wait to hear from them and should you need to attend court get a local criminal solicitor to assist you. I hope this has answered your question and I would be grateful for your rating by clicking on the row of stars at the top. All the best

SolicitorRM and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you.
I just like to prepare for the worst. And I am feeling really bad as it is affecting my family because of my silly deed.