12826847

I'm a 58 year old lady with term healm Assistant: Where are

I'm a 58 year old lady with long term healm
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I feel strongly that I've recently been cohersed and bullied by a new pharmacist attached to my GP surgery. I'm a 58 year old lady who has lived with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for the last 19 years.. My life has become very limited and I spend most of my time in my home.. I go home to Ireland every Christmas for about 28 days so, my normal procedure is to ask for two months supply of my meds at pharmacy counter.. For the last 19 years this has not been a problem and my meds were provided.. I asked at counter as normal on Friday 22nd Nov and was told I had to phone the new manager, due to new management rules. This lady wrote down the managers number for me and I phoned him on Monday Nov 25th.. Within minutes of this call, I started to feel intimidated and he didn't listen at all to what I was saying. Just kept talking force ably over me until I was feeling very confused indeed.. Currently, there is an NHS review of patients who use a dosette box and during my phone call, he literally forced me into his ad
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I believe I've just been bullied and cohersed by a new pharmacist attached to my GP surgery. I'm a 58 year old, living alone and coping with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for the last 19 years.. I had to take ill health retirement approx. 8 years ago.. My life has become much quieter now and I've keep myself pretty healthy, dispite constant pain and fatigue.. Its an isolating life in many ways and which I know has led to reduction in my social skills, confidence and ability to defend myself..
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is a new NHS policy regarding patients with long term health conditions whom receive their meds in a dosette box are to be assessed by a pharmacist to evaluate need. If your found not to pass this assessment, you can still get dosette boxes but with a charge. I was made aware of this at the beginning of this year via a note in with my monthly prescriptions.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How how can I help with this? Please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The telephone conversation was herrendious.. As soon as I said dosette box he used my query call to bully me into complying with him by ignoring questions he didn't want to answer,.. Implying I couldn't get my meds boxes until I had the assessment, which I took to mean my actual meds.. When I told him he couldn't take my meds away, he said, I didn't say that...
He then went straight into telling me that(direct quote) 'he would be doing my assessment is that clear"... This exact line was quoted at me three times in a row. I then asked how he planned to carry it out and his response was "how are we communicating now".. This was quickly followed by him asking for my phone number which I refused to give 3 times in a row, telling him he has my contact details on file... But he kept asking and in the end, I gave up and gave it to him.. He also made clear that he would be phoning next week to carry out assessment... In an attempt to try to preserve some sense of control, I told him he was the rudest person I ever encountered.. His response "no you are" then I told him I'd be filing a formal complaint... His response.. Go ahead.. I've got witnesses and he hung up... Since then I've been terrified in my own home... I feel totally violated, terrified that by giving my phone number, I've somehow consented to this assessment.. I've almost got the complaint letter finished but Im afraid to go into the chemist to ask who to direct the complaint to... Honestly, I'm in bits.. My question is within NHS Policy, can he actually use a phone call I've actually made in this way, leaving me traumatised and feeling threatened in my within the safety of my own home..
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please, I've paid for a phone call and need help.. I'm not at all good with technology and keep losing nmy train of thought when typing

Thank you. I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve? They are entitled to amend their rules. I think that is probably why he invited you to complain; no point as they are acting properly. I realise this is distressing but there isn't a complaint just because they won't do what you want. Assessments are conducted for your health and wellbeing. He can refuse to do this without an assessment without breaching NHS policy I'm afraid. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo

You really don't need a phone call. It will rack up costs and you have the answer anyway. You can get a refund on the call by emailing customer services on [email protected]

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I didn't see the answer