INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I would like to ask pls what are the things needed to become

Customer Question

Hi I would like to ask pls what are the things needed to become a Ukraine citizen and how much does it cost
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am Saudi I live in Saudi , planning to study in the uk . Did not do anything yet
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your query. On what basis are you looking to apply for Ukranian Citizenship?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I mean United Kingdom the British nationality
Expert:  INC Law replied 13 days ago.

You are looking for UK Citizenship and not Ukrainian citizenship?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
UK
Expert:  INC Law replied 13 days ago.

UK Citizenship can be obtained in a number of ways, however, all require that you be resident in the UK for at least a period of 5 years before qualifying.

Therefore, you would first need to obtain a working visa or some other category of Visa which would lead to settlement. Once youbhave obtained Settlement, referred to a Indefinite Leave to Remain, you can then apply for Naturalisation as a UK Citizen and not before.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do I need to pay something to get it after the five years ?
And can it be a student visa
Expert:  INC Law replied 13 days ago.

A student visa does not lead to settlement.

There is an application fee payable when applying.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How much is the fee pls ?
Expert:  INC Law replied 13 days ago.

At the moment it is around £1800 but it increases every year.