chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Assistant: How can I help? Pearl I am 66 and living in a 2nd

Good morning
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Pearl I am 66 and living in a 2nd floor 2 bed Flat back in the spring I informed Oakwoodhomes who I send my rent every month without fail that a lot of damp was seeping through the spare room window wall and ceiling. On 3rd of October 2019 the ceiling fell in it chipped a corner of the double wardrobe hence it wouldnt open or close anymore.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I took photos and they came up as they do every 6 months to inspect the property they took photos and noted it on there check list mill board. However when the ceiling collapsed they told the Landlord that it was the first they knew of it which I knew to be untrue. Eventually they only found one report about it but no photos. I am totally upside down with my boxes fishing gear and belongings all over the place hence I asked do I receive and compensation the manager stated NO because Iam not realy entitled to a 2 bed property when a family could be renting it. Is it right for her to say and upset me like this please
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The land lord has been informed and the ceiling and wall has been rectified the roofer has veiled the leaks and he has also been asked to decorate
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. Will I have to type this all over again??
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The Oakwoods Estate Agent manager she told me I will have to claim on my insurance

Have you filed a formal complaint with Oakwood Homes?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Because I am not sure if she is right???
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I dont have 44 yet
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
£44