How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37597
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In after am eating with a court order I have to return my

Customer Question

In after am eating with a court order I have to return my two young children to their mother on Sunday mornings after I have had them for the night. The order says only her and I can collect them from each other. Yesterday they were dropped to me by grandparents (rudely and aggressively in front of children 1 and 4). This morning the mother is not answering texts or calls and so i don’t know if I should deliver them back to the grandparents. They all live together. I don’t want to break the court order by not handing them directly to the mother. But neither do I want to break the order by not returning them at all. What should I do
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: We were in court last week about custody arrangements. The order was that I should have them every weekend, mother and I had to communicate over the children, and that stop off and collection could only be done by the pair of us.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Kent
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 months ago.


Thank you for your query. Would you still like assistance with this?

Can you confirm that the grandparents live at the same address?