chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am looking for some immigration advice for spouse visa for

I am looking for some immigration advice for spouse visa for my Filipina fiancé
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am from UK she currently has a 2 year tourist visa. We are wanting to marry here in UK but she is still filing for annulment back in the Philippines I have heard we can legally marry here and she can file for divorce back home
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Not yet as I am unsure how to move on from here
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of

Thank you for your query. What kind of Visa does your partner have?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Right now she has 2 year tourist visa. Previously she had a 6 month tourist visa

I believe what she has is a 2 year multi entry visitors Visa. This means she is allowed to come to the UK and stay for uo to 6 months at a time.

This does not mean she can marry in the UK as Visotora are not permitted to register the marriage at the registry office.

She will need to obtain either a Fiancee Visa or a Spouse Visa once you are married.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask