How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15024
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I have a query regarding my 15 year old daughter who has

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a query regarding my 15 year old daughter who has been compromised online
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I have only found out last night.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the very delicate


Thank you for your query. Kindly explain the situation further

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has been filmed unknowingly having sex. This video has been shared on social media. The boy was also 15.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What action should I take? I’m 100% sure this is completely illegal.


Thank you for the additional information.

A few more questions please?

1. Is the boy from the same School?

2. Who filmed the act? Was it the Boy?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Apparently this happened in the summer. I had no idea my daughter was sexually active. He is not from the same school. I have not seen the video but feel I need it for evidence. Yes, the boy took the video - she was completely unaware.


I would suggest that you report this matter to the Police and obtain a crime reference number.

Armed with the reference number, you should contact the internet service providers of where this has been posted and demand that it be removed.

The Police with the rest.

I hope this answers your questions. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for you help. Before you go what is the name of the crime so I am armed with the correct information?


I would suggest it could be a number of crimes including:

1. Voyeurism

2. Blackmail

3. Revenge Porn

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Many thanks

INC Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your advice