Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I’ve been in sick leave for 3 weeks but only took 2 weeks

I’ve been in sick leave for 3 weeks but only took 2 weeks coming back early, a month after I moved internally to a new project. I was in an accident and tore my mcl ligament in my leg so was on medical leave.Before I left the feedback on my work was positive. Immediately since I’ve returned it’s been negative. My colleague, called me aside and let me know the department head wasn’t happy with my working style. He and my line manager didn’t believe I was sick and had been speaking to old colleagues about me. Since then he’s bullied me and threatened to fire me for raising legitimate issues.At the end of October after one day annual leave, I came back to find that my team had mailed a false report, that breached company compliance, under the guide of the department head.I raised this is an issue and was fired from the project, under grounds that I don’t get along with the team. Although I still remain within the company but without funding for the foreseeable future, so I am therefore at risk of redundancy.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone about this?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Internally yes
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Here on this app too but things have escalated

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation.

1) I would advise that you raise a grievance with your employer through their grievance procedure. You can also follow the ACAS code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures here: https://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2174. The emphasis of this Code is to try to resolve grievances informally, without reverting to a formal procedure, or to resolve them with the help of a third party (mediator). If an informal grievance is not possible you can start a formal grievance. This should be done in writing and should set out the nature of the grievance.

2)Your employer should invite you to a meeting following the grievance. I would recommend that you bring a companion to the meeting.

For more information on who you can bring to the hearing please visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/problems-at-work/disciplinary-meetings/who-can-accompany-you-to-a-disciplinary-meeting/

3)Contact ACAS. The ACAS Helpline can give advice on internal processes and policies to help you through this (0300 123 1100).

4) In regards to the bullying.

Employers have a clear legal duty to tackle workplace bullying, harassment and intimidation. Moreover,employers should

devise and implement a bullying and harassment policy;promote a culture where bullying and harassment is not tolerated; and be aware of the organisational factors that are associated with bullying and take steps to address them. Your employer's bullying and harassment procedure should summarise the organisation's approach to tackling bullying and harassment and include the procedures that the organisation will follow for both the complainant and alleged bully. A complaint of bullying should be dealt with through a proper procedure. The steps an employer must take should be set out in your organisation's bullying and harassment or grievance procedure

5) As a last resort you will need to take the employer to the employment tribunals. You will need to contact ACAS if you wish to take this course of action.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.