chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm concerned about a friend who is in a re relationship,

Customer Question

Hi. I'm concerned about a friend who is in a re relationship, and I've found this new boyfriend has a criminal record in italy for possession of illegal firearms
Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: Is there a way to search criminal record of this person in italy from the uk?
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: I read an article online. It was 10yrs ago in palermo, but the article relates to him being convicted and unemployed already
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think I so
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for your query. A persons criminal record from Italy can be obtained, however, it may be obtained by the individual themselves, their lawyer or any authorised person or employer. The following link will provide you with further details: http://www.mondaq.com/italy/x/798828/Crime/Italian+Criminal+Record+Check

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
So I cant obtain it, it must be from the person with the record themselves?

Yes, that is correct, or their lawyer or a Govt dept.