chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I’ve got a court case on 4 th December at Great Yarmouth

I’ve got a court case on 4 th December at Great Yarmouth magistrates court for 2 malicious communications section 1(1)a1988 and 1 public order sec4a last time in crown court I was up for 7 offences to which 1 of them I got 6 months for 1 malicious communication sec 1(1)a1988 do u think they mite go to crown court

Kindly explain the situation further

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok I’m in court 4 th December for 1 charge of a public order section 4a and 2 charges of malicious communications section 1(1)a1988 but last conviction in court I was up for 7 offences in crown court 1 out of the 7 I got 6 months consecutive for 1 charge of malicious communications section 1(1)a1988 do u think this mite go to crown or stay in magistrates court

Thank you for the clarification. To be completely honest, it is very difficult to say as whether it is transferred to the crown court is a matter for the magistrates.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
But they mite send it to crown but the crown could send it back to magistrates

Yes, that is correct. I would only be guessing! The ultimate decision rests with them

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If they feel there sentencing powers are insfissent

Yes, then they would transfer it to the crown court. Otherwise, it would not be required.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Two offences so they could give maximum 12 months is that right
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Wat other options can they give

Yes that is correct. Fine or community service order