chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am having problems with a retailer i purchased new

I am having problems with a retailer i purchased new batteries for my mobility scooter which where faulty i have returned them to the retailer but he said he had dispatched new which was untrue I phoned the courier he had no knowledge of now the retailer will not answer his phone
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: No I live in the uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: l have been trying phoning numerous times it to aa
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want replacement batteries or my 400 pounds back

Thank you for your query.

You should write to the retailer explaining the situation and demanding that you be given replacement batteries of a full refund within 14 days of the date of your letter or you will issue legal proceedings without further notice.

If at the end of the 14 days you have not received replacement batteries or a full refund, you will have to issue your claim.

You will be able to do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.