INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

What type of lawyer do I need for rights in a hair salon if

What type of lawyer do I need for rights in a hair salon if my patterning has but property under my nose and do I get money back from fixtures and fittings after putting 20.000 doing it
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: looking at other property but don’t want her putting me out I have one other employee

Thank you for your query. Kindly explain your situation further

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have been I’m business 16 years
5 years ago I downsized renting a property in my local town along with my employee we shared the running cost and rent
3 years ago we did a shop fit costing 35.000
She tex me on Friday to tell me her and her partner had bought the shop unfortunately we didn’t have a business contract I was planing to do so and mentioned this to her a month ago just to underline that if other of us left we would need our share, anyway if I tell her I’m moving on can I get any money from shop fit? Legally? And can she put me out of the shop? I just feel now I can’t trust her I have seen a shop but again will cost money to fit out,and she will find out and put us both out!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hairdressing salon
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can’t ring atm

Can you confirm that there is no written agreement between you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have one other employee
So really I just want to know can she put me out? Or if I tell her I’m leaving from Feb will she forward the shop fit money after?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No written agreement unfortunately
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Only put rent agreement that was signed 5 years ago but now that prob won’t mean anything if she is the landlady
But I have no agreement on the shop fit cost or anything like that

If she is now the owner of the shop and there is no written agreement, in short, yes she can put you out. In essence, what you have is a licence which can be revoked on reasonable notice.

With reference to the fit out costs, if there is no agreement, any claim you have would have to be made through the county court.

You would have a 50/50 chance un recovering this.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Even if I have all shop cost in paper what was put in,and what about the girl I employ? I
And all the business I built up over the years she went from working with me
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I just can’t see that legally she can text me
To tell me and expect me to keep working with her she said nothing will change but how could she think that

Yes. It would be a matter for the county court to decide who was entitled to what.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What does licence that can be revoked mean
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
So she has to give me responsible notice
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi haven’t got an answer

The landlord should provide you with a written notice detailing when you are due to vacate.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.