JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I'm responding to a Notice of Proposed Allocation to the

I'm responding to a Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Multi-Track and need to know what 'file proposed directions in accordance with CPR29.1(2) …. means. ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Well I'm not confused I just don't know what this looks like, whether it's another form or something I have to put together in a certain format?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Filed a money claim which has been defended by a lie.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I have to pay?

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

It means you need to attach your proposed directions for how the claim will run. To make it easier just tailor the attached order (claim number, party names, name of the court) and attach to your directions questionnaire - send one copy to the court and one to the other side. The order I attached has the typical directions and no need to put in any dates as it is to help the court make its own timetable.

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Sorry, use this one instead...

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Fantastic. Thanks!

My pleasure - I can also help with questions about the case as it progresses too so if you can please bear me in mind (and this site), that would be much appreciated.

Have a good day.

Jim

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Many thanks. I definitely will!
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, I'm completing the directions questionnaire which asks if I want to settle at this stage. I'm only used to small claims courts which offer mediation. There isn't an offer of mediation here. So am I supposed to arrange it myself?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Also, where do I get information about Pre-Action protocol please?

Mediation is entirely optional and if liability is in dispute then it could help but for it to work, both sides need to agree to participate. The first step is proposing mediation to the other side - if they agree then the cost should be shared. There are several mediators in the UK (this is a good resource: https://civilmediation.org/for-the-public/about-mediation).

The various protocols can also be found here:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/protocol

If you have further questions (not related to the directions questionnaire) may I ask that you post a new question to the main site. It will not cost extra if you have membership. If you would like me to deal with the new question please mark it “FAO:JIM” and I will pick it up as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks Jim. One more on mediation. So will it look bad if I say that I believe I've done everything reasonable in my power to settle but the defendant won't discuss or be reasonable?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
You see I don't want to add any more cost because the defendant is playing a game.