Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I have not had support with the new cleaning company that

Customer Question

I have not had support with the new cleaning company that David Lloyd currently contracting to clean the club and they are not listening to me and I have had a break down over the last two months and now under my doctor’s advice and now on a months sick leave
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: i have tried but I am not getting no where with it management I have not see at all
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: No I don’t belong to any of these.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i suffer with low moods and I could break down again at any time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have had no support in my job with the new cleaning company that David Lloyd has got I am on sick leave un TIL 28 December and tried telling my supervisor I that I have not been well she wanted me to stay at work and I clearly said I am not well I suffer with low moods. I have not seen manegment at all to talk about this.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I do not have €44 for the call
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Not my area then.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 10 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your. Can I confirm when was the last time you spoke with management?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Never
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation.

1) I would advise that you raise a grievance with your employer through their grievance procedure. You can also follow the ACAS code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures here: https://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2174. The emphasis of this Code is to try to resolve grievances informally, without reverting to a formal procedure, or to resolve them with the help of a third party (mediator). If an informal grievance is not possible you can start a formal grievance. This should be done in writing and should set out the nature of the grievance.

2)Your employer should invite you to a meeting following the grievance. I would recommend that you bring a companion to the meeting.

For more information on who you can bring to the hearing please visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/problems-at-work/disciplinary-meetings/who-can-accompany-you-to-a-disciplinary-meeting/

3)Contact ACAS. The ACAS Helpline can give advice on internal processes and policies to help you through this (0300 123 1100).

4) As a last resort you will need to take the employer to the employment tribunals. You will need to contact ACAS if you wish to take this course of action.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.